The Sharjah Airport International Free Zone (SAIF-Zone) was set up in 1995 and is the premier business destination of the UAE. Situated in the Emirate of Sharjah, the industrial powerhouse of the UAE, the SAIF-Zone services over 2,900 companies from 91 countries. Dedicated to quality and excellence, Sharjah Airport International Free Zone (SAIF) is the symbol of efficient operations- the better alternative for business ventures in the UAE and beyond. Easily accessible to seaports on the Indian Ocean (Port Khor Fakkan) and the Arabian Gulf (Port Khalid), SAIF-Zone is built adjacent to the Sharjah International Airport. With features as unique as these, it is little wonder that SAIF-Zone has registered phenomenal growth since its inception in 1995 with over 4100 companies operating out of it. SAIF is a hub that offers excellent sea, land and air transport links with access to over two billion consumers across the GCC, the CIS, Asian sub-continent, parts of Africa, the Mediterranean and Europe. SAIF is a business savvy set-up with state-of-the-art facilities including pre-built warehouses in a choice of sizes, fully furnished and air conditioned Executive Offices (office space), container parking area, temporary storage capability, land on lease for unrestricted development, and a host of other features.
- 100% Foreign ownership
- 100% Repatriation of capital and profits
- 100% exemption from income and corporate taxes
- License issued within 24 hours
- On site labour accommodation
- Sponsorships and visa’s for all staff
- Access to over 2 billion customers Strategic location
- 24 hour hotline for equipment and provision of labour
- Global and regional communications with excellent air, land and sea links
- Simplified procedures
- Backup services provided by the Sharjah Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the Sharjah Expo
- Competitive structure of fee, property and management
- 24*7 Operations
TYPES OF LICENSES:
- Industrial License: Allows the investor to import raw material, manufacture, and process, assemble, package and export the finished product. (Subject to clearance from SAIF-Zone Health & Environment Dept.)
- Commercial License: Allows the investor to import, export, distribute, consolidate and store items specified in the license. There is a maximum limit of three similar product lines.
- General Trading License: As the name suggests, a large number of products fall within its ambit. This type of license can be obtained under the commercial license.
- Service License: Allows the investor to carry out only specified services. (Unless restricted by the federal or local authorities, all types of services are allowed within the SAIF-Zone)